Former VW boss charged over diesel emissions scandal
The former chief executive of the carmaker Volkswagen has been charged in Germany over the diesel emissions scandal.
The public prosecutor in Braunschweig charged Martin Winterkorn, and four other managers, with fraud.
Mr Winterkorn is already facing criminal charges in the US, but is unlikely to face trial there, as Germany does not extradite its citizens.
He stepped down as VW’s boss in 2015.
GOB TV LIVE
- Killing Eve star Jodie Comer puts her best actress BAFTA on grandmother’s grave Monday, 20 May 2019, 13:03
- Downing Street ramps up No Deal fears by warning the UK will be broken up Monday, 20 May 2019, 12:59
- Boat carrying Uganda footballers capsizes Monday, 20 May 2019, 12:59
- Well-wishers raise nearly £50,000 for model railway club smashed up by yobs Monday, 20 May 2019, 12:59
- Austrian government in turmoil over video scandal Monday, 20 May 2019, 12:58