– Advertisement –
Exclusive reports received by our outfit indicates actress Rosemond Brown known widely as Akuapem Poloo has been granted bail. The court granted her bail in the sum of GHc80, 000 with two sureties.
In addition to the bail, she is to report to the case investigator every two weeks and is to deposit her password with the registrar of the court.
The court said, she will only travel with the express permission of the court. This comes after Counsel for actress Rosemond Brown filed an application for bail pending appeal.
Her lawyer Andrews Kudzo Vortia on Monday 19th April 2021, filed a notice of appeal and application for bail against the actress’ custodial sentence at the same time.
The video vixen was on Friday, 16th April 2021, sentenced to 90 days in prison for publishing obscene material and for undermining the dignity and integrity of her 7-year-old son.
Akuapem Poloo was convicted after pleading guilty on each of the three charges.
Before her sentencing, the presiding judge confirmed that the actress was not pregnant after her test came out negative.
The pregnancy test ordered by the court is a requirement by law to ensure that, before a woman who pleaded guilty in court is sentenced, the court should know her status.
She was therefore remanded into custody for the prosecution to take her to any Government hospital to conduct the pregnancy test and produce the results today.
Rosemond Brown received some support from Ghanaians who described her conviction as harsh.
The hashtag #FreeAkuapemPoloo was trending on social media after her conviction on Wednesday.
Notable Ghanaians in the entertainment industry like Sarkodie, Efya, Hajia For Real, including NDC’s Sammy Gyamfi voiced their support for Rosemond Brown and asked that she be released.
In other related news, the Accra Circuit Court after sentencing actress and video vixen Rosemond Brown widely known as Akuapem Poloo has released a full-court document.
The document contains the 14 factors that were considered before handing actress Akuapem Poloo her 90 days jail sentence over her nude picture with her son.
Here are the 14 reasons why Akuapem Poloo was sentenced;
- The intrinsic seriousness of the offences charged
- The gravity of the offences charged
- The degree of revulsion felt by law-abiding citizens of this country for the crimes committed
- The premeditation with which the criminal plans were executed
- The prevalence of the crime within the Accra Metropolitan Assembly and the country generally
- The sudden increase in the incidence of these crimes
- The age of the accused person’s son and the trauma he is going through in a society where counselling for victims of such criminal act is almost non-existent.
- The court also took into consideration in imposing the sentence, the following mitigating factors;
- The fact that the accused person pleaded guilty to the offences thereby not wasting the time of the court.
- The accused person’s apology on social media after the publication of the nude photograph together with her son.
- The accused person’s show of remorse.
- The fact that the accused person has had no brush with the law.
- The fact that the accused person is a single parent and a mother to a seven-year-old child
- The fact that the accused person is the sole breadwinner of her family.